11.14.2010

Staying In

Dear Luthien,
Last week we stayed home on a Monday, which is rare for us. You see, I would love to stay home in the morning and actually get things accomplished around the house, but I have this fear that we will stay and you will get so bored and cranky that I won't be able to accomplish anything anyway, so I always end up taking you somewhere. I admit that I am not very good at multi-tasking. I have a hard time even folding laundry while playing with you and watching Bastian. This is mostly because once I begin a project I want to do the whole thing; interruptions tend to bother me so much that I would just rather save a particular task for later (which is why I either don't get things accomplished or don't sleep). But I am happy to say that last Monday we stayed home and accomplished lots! And it felt great! And we had lots of fun finding new ways to play with your toys. So, I have decided that from here on out we will be staying home at least twice a week so we can do chores together and you can learn to be more creative with the things we have.

Here are a few pictures from our day together. I should say that it definitely wasn't perfect. Toward the end I could tell you were getting bored so I had to get more and more creative, but it all worked out and we really did have fun together. I loved coloring with you and playing on the bed together, among other things. You also tried on your new boots given to you by a friend...





By the way, I don't think I have mentioned that you have been sleeping in your own "big girl" bed! You can see your bed with the railing a bit in the picture, but I will have to include more soon. You have fallen out once because you move soooo much when you sleep, but so far so good otherwise.

Love,
Mama

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I am amazed and inspired...I can't even get anything done around the house with ONE kiddo... I can't imagine how much energy it must take for you to have this kind of day with two!