11.16.2010

Brooklyn

Dear Luthien,
Last week I decided to hop on a bus to Brooklyn with you and Bastian; we went for 2 nights and 3 days to visit your Uncle Beau and Aunt Trisha/families, and to see Aunt Shannon with cousins Jack and Ryan who were visiting from AZ. You had such a great relationship with Jack and Ryan that I couldn't stand the thought of not seeing them when they were less than 4 hours driving distance from us. We didn't have the gas money and Dad didn't have the time to take away from his studies, so we took the bus! It was actually great! Of course there were moments on the bus that were difficult, seeing as I was the only one with kids, let alone a toddler and a baby, but I would definitely do it again. It was good for Dad to be able to study while we were gone. The trip was really wonderful- good food, good conversation, and nice playing (for the most part) between you and your cousins. I couldn't have asked for more!

Bus ride from Providence to Manhattan- I managed to get you and Bastian to sleep at the same time!


Playing with Georges in his room:

Playing (and not really wanting to share) with cousin Olivia at Aunt Trisha's house:

Playing at the park with all the cousins. You were delighted to find the big turtles, frog, and whale!

It was a beautiful weekend- a bit warmer than New England so the leaves haven't fallen off the trees yet. Here are the adults hanging out:
Saying goodbyes:
You were very happy to see Dad when the bus pulled into Providence. We love the city and can't wait to explore it more since it's so close to us! Here you are near the river where the gondolas float- very picturesque in the daytime...
You are growing up so fast! Lately you have been singing more and talking in even more complete sentences. Sometimes you mix up your pronouns but we have been working on that. You are learning your phonemes, letters, and visual letter recognition slowly. When you want to get your point across you call us by our first names, and your new favorite thing to do is painting and coloring on the walls :) Every time I reprimand you, you say, "No Mommy, I'm just drawing a big whale!!" As if that makes it all okay. But I am glad that you seem to have an artistic eye- unlike me, much like your father.

Love you,
Mama

No comments: