8.04.2010

Oh Darmouth, Eee Are You?!!

These are the lyrics to the chorus of one of your favorite songs to sing these days. "Eee" is how you say "where." It's really strange because you can totally say the /r/ phoneme (okay, so it's really really close), but you can't say the /w/. And because you ask A LOT of wh-questions (mainly what, where, why) we hear "eee," "air" (where), and "I" quite often (not phonetically transcribed, so you can understand one day). Not sure why you drop the /r/ on "where" considering you use it in the final position in other words, but that's what you do. I really can't say why or when you made up this song. Of course we have been saying the word "Dartmouth" around our house a lot these days, since that is where we are moving in a couple of weeks, but the rest of the lyrics (or melody for that matter) I can't explain :)

Yes, we are moving to Massachusetts, and yes, we are excited! Really the only thing that makes me nervous is whether or not you will like it. You have been blessed to be close by your cousin Amelie, Nana/Grandad plus Uncles and Aunts, not to mention my family only an hour and a half away for the first two years of your life. So I really have no idea how you will adjust to being only with me, Dad, and Bastian- well, really just Bastian and I since dad will be just a tad busy for the next three years. I hope we can visit Uncle Beau/Aunt Trisha and your cousins Georges and Olivia in Brooklyn often. We talk about how we're "moving by Georgie" often and you seem to like the idea. I just can't help to think about the day you say goodbye to your best friend and cousin Ami- this will be a sad day. But everything else we are excited about- the history, the weather, the ocean, etc.

I wanted to also let you know that you request to watch Lion King about 3 times daily. For the record, watching Lion King in our house means pulling up the four main songs on You Tube, a total of about 12 minutes. Tonight, after a particularly difficult day, I put you in bed and expected the usual scream-fest. Instead, I was overjoyed to hear you singing "I just can't wait to be king" over and over at the top of your lungs all the way up until you passed out. This has been another fun milestone since you have turned two- singing! I think I've mentioned a few of the songs you can sing, but I want to add "Barges," "Buckaroo," "Ring around the rosy," a few songs from Sesame Street celebrity You Tube videos, and all the Lion King songs.

And just to touch on potty training- you now will go on the big potty when we are out! We haven't had any accidents since I've last written. I'm so proud of you!

Okay, love you my big girl! And by the way, your baby brother's blog is http://www.babyrapier.blogspot.com/

-Mama

1 comment:

angela hardison said...

we're so sad to see you guys go - but i can't wait to hear about your massachusetts adventures & come visit! :)