This is all I hear lately. "No talking mommy!" So, I guess mom can never have another adult conversation again. Unless she has a minute in which she is away from you and baby Bastian boy. Which is a very funny thought.
Luthien, I realized tonight during a mini-breakdown that I don't want a minute away from you. Even with all this madness that is happening right now. I don't want one! I can't believe the things I am learning about children lately. It's helping me as a mom, it's helping me as a woman, as an individual, and as a speech-language pathologist whenever I do go back to work. I never thought that I, of all people could become creative, but I realized today that I am learning to be. The stuff that I now think of to say, play, create, set-up, and make with you really surprises me. And I didn't really see it until today. But this- all I've been learning- can only be learned through being with you all day every day. A mother's work truly never ends. And I do love it. Wow!
Anyhow, I really shouldn't be writing you right now but I must. Here are just a couple of things I wanted to tell you:
After a brief divorce from peanut butter you all of the sudden were eating spoonfuls yesterday. You said, "I want more peanus, mommy" I laughed, we practiced saying peanut butter, and moved on.
"Stand this up, mommy." This is the second most heard phrase- used to be the first. I've told you about your lunch box you carry around with all your little plastic toys (pictures to come)... I can't remember if I've told you what you do with them. All day long you go to various areas around the house and start lining up your toys. You have very specific ways you want each animal to be, and I can't figure out the method to your madness, but I love it. And it's different every time, but very thought out. Well, I should say- I love it and it scares me at the same time :) Whenever we play this together (which is most of the time), you like to give me orders as to which animals to put where. That's where "stand this up..." comes from. Oh, and you can say any and all animal names, but for some reason you just say "this" in this situation, I think because you are so focused...did I mention you love animals?! And don't worry, I don't let you order me around all the time, and I do make you say please (most of the time)!
You peed in the very front and center aisle of church today. Yup. And lots of people saw you. Yup. And this was after a very stressful preceeding 45 minutes of mom with both kids by herself at church. And don't worry, you didn't get embarrassed, you actually just laughed and continued being naughty. Oh well. It was a very bad time for you (2:00, you usually nap at 1:00), and we should have never been sitting in the front row. I'm happy I can laugh it off now.
Otherwise, we have considered you potty-trained! You hadn't really had any "accidents" in about a month, you don't need any type of rewards to go, and we don't even put a diaper on you at night. This was a fluke, I say!
At the doctor you were in the 50th percentile for head circumference (you're finally growing into it!), 30th for heighth, and 4th for weight! My petite little girl, but you really are a good eater these days.
Okay, good night. Mommy loves you, and Daddy loves you even though he is far away. More than you will know. Now I know why parents always say that.
-Mama
No comments:
Post a Comment