Luthien,
Okay, so I am at a loss of what to title these posts because one thing has really stuck out in the past couple of months: how quickly you are growing up! Remind me never to have a baby right when another one of my children turns 2. It just seems to be such a milestone age, at least for you. Unfortunately I do not have pictures to share right now because we've been staying at Nana's house and we have no way to load them on this computer, but instead of waiting to tell you these things like I have been, I decided I want to hurry and share them.
1) Since I last wrote, you are talking SO much more! I'm pretty sure there isn't anything you can't say, or at least attempt. You repeat everything we say, no matter how difficult the word or sentence may be. And of course your comprehension amazes me too. I never imagined myself as being one of those parents who spells everything out when talking to another adult around the children, but we have to do that with you.
2) You are almost potty trained! You still get either a sticker or little toy when you go, but you always tell us. You've been wearing panties only the entire last week, even during naps. We put a diaper on at night but it is never necessary because you have been dry every morning this week. When we go places it has been a bit more difficult, but you are showing improvement. You peed on the floor at the library on Monday because you were scared to go on the "big potty." So maybe this week we will practice going potty on our big potty so it isn't so scary when we're out. Aunt Stefa watched you two days this week since Mommy has been busy packing. The first day you had an accident, but the second day you told her when you had to go. I'm so proud of you!
3) All of the sudden you have turned into such a ham. You used to be really shy around strangers but this week you have not been afraid to talk and be silly with new friends.
4) Nana got you a Toy Story lunch box to put all of your little animal toys in and you could not be happier. All I hear is, "where did box go Mommy?" You take your box everywhere and it is now getting way too full because you LOVE to collect as many little animals as possible.
That is all for now, I will show you pictures of all of these things as soon as possible. I still can't believe you are 2!
Love,
Mama
No comments:
Post a Comment