7.05.2010

Really big sister, part 2





Dear Luthien,

I feel so silly; I am holding back the tears as I write. Yesterday I finally sat down to document everything that has gone on in the past couple of months. I saved the post and planned on finishing tonight, on the eve of your birthday :), and it is gone. Blogger hasn't let me down up to this point but I'm afraid tonight it has. And with lack of sleep combined with breastfeeding hormones, you can only imagine how upset this made me!
Anyhow, I wanted to tell you what a big girl you have become in the past two months. Maybe I was supposed to state this fact much more simply than I usually do. Everything about your development has flourished. One day you were saying 1-2 words at a time and the next day you were using 5-6 word sentences. I first realized this when you demanded, "Mom, I wanna go in there!!" I can't remember what you were referring to, I just know that it caught me off guard. Some of your favorite things to say and do are: saying "Watch this mommy!" while jumping and falling down on the bed, saying "Ready, set, go" and running across the lawn or down the hallway, and counting (you can count from 1-12). You have a habit of starting most sentences with "I want...," and also "he's..." "it's..." "what's...?" or "where is...?" (I guess those last two are questions). You are not as shy in public or with strangers anymore. You love telling people how old you are going to be on your birthday (which as I write is now today)! When people ask me how you are doing with Bastian, I used to roll my eyes. You are totally sweet about 60% of the time. We won't mention the other 40%. I am learning to become more patient and understanding with this every day. Because of Bastian and a myriad of other changes that have occurred during this time, we have shared lots of tears and I have witnessed lots of tantrums. But we've also had some of the most advanced conversations I've ever had with an almost 2 year-old, laughed, danced, and sang a lot. All of these moments I cherish. I had many more pictures I wanted to share with you but I leave you with just a few tonight (above because I can't figure out this dang PC); no description necessary. Just know how much I adore you. I can't believe you are 2 today!
I love you,
Mama



1 comment:

Chelsea said...

Happy Birthday Luthien! You are such a big girl now!

Jessica, I feel your pain with losing the text. That has happened a few times before to me and it is so painful because it's already impossible to find time to write these important things! Good for you for pushing through. :)

I emailed you and updated banner for your blog. Let me know if you want any changes made. Love you!