3.03.2009

Tummy Time

Luthien,
This morning as I was tip-toeing around the house getting ready for work so as not to wake you up, I walked past your room and you were staring back at me from your crib. This surprised me with cuteness, and worried me a bit, because it meant you were sleeping on your tummy (which, as most moms raising babies in the last decade or so know is a big no no). Flash forward to the night time, when I just had to let you cry for about 10 minutes in order to fall asleep (since you've recovered from your sickness it was time again- I can explain my reasoning in a different post). I walked in to check on you after you suddenly stopped crying, and lo and behold you were stuffed in the corner of the crib, sleeping on your tummy. Now I'm not only concerned about your breathing, but also about the way in which you seem to be inhibiting the development of your leg musculature since you are positioned width-wise in your crib- yes, I do realize this may sound crazy....After much contemplation, dad and I decided not to move you. I actually did some reading recently that reminded me we are only instructed to put you babies on your backs to sleep- we can't help what you actually do during the night. So I take comfort in this bit of wisdom and in the fact that we have checked on you practically every 15 minutes, and most importantly, because we have prayed for you this (and every other) night.

Just a couple quick more quick notes before I go to bed:

1. Your backwards slither almost turned into a crawl today. You stayed up on your knees and went forward a bit.
2. For the past week or so you are actually making a point to feel the different textures in your baby "touch and feel" books- watching mommy do it and then following. So cute.

Good night Lufin, and please try to turn around (and over) while you sleep tonight.
Love, Mom

No comments: