I'm sorry it's been so long since I've written to you. You see, I've been really run down lately trying to manage full-time work, our home, finances, and your often absent-minded daddy all while trying to be a good mom. I hope that I am putting the most effort into the latter item.
You and I have been sharing sicknesses- you got sick first with bronchiolitis and an ear infection but soon recovered, then I got sick (and am still sick), and now you are sick again. I used to pride myself on having a super-immune system but that has not been the case lately. Too much stress and not enough free time spent laughing, singing, dancing, eating, etc. is what I say. It is my new goal to be able to spend more time doing these things and being with you. I am hoping sometime in the near future we can move away, creating our own little organic garden and semi-farm so that we can all be happier, and help the environment in the process. Just some things that have been on my mind lately....But I digress.
What I really want to share with you is what has occurred in your life and development in the past week, so here goes:
Remember your new tummy sleeping habit? Mom thought it couldn't get any worse but I'm afraid it has....You have now taken to kneeling, banging on the side of the crib to get my attention, and then falling asleep with your face literally in the crib bumper like so:
I don't think I have mentioned this before, so I wanted to tell you that you absolutely love the guitar, and have since you were about two months old. Here is a recent picture of your fascination with the guitar (and with all music, for that matter). And thanks Rome/dad, for always playing to our girl :
Just for fun here is a picture of you when you were only three months old in a similar scenario:
This past weekend you and I went to Utah to visit your Poppa for his 90th birthday. Dad had to stay home to play a show with his band. We went with your Nana, Grandad, Uncle Rhett/Aunt Stefa and Amelie. Mom felt very sick the whole time but everyone was happy to see us there. Long drives (especially those with changing altitudes causing ear discomfort) may have to be out of the question for a little while. I took only a few pictures to document the trip:
This basically sums up your reaction with all new people, especially when mom is around. Luckily cousin Ember thinks it's hilarious that you cry with strangers- others, on the other hand, do not, and mom gets a little stressed because she doesn't want to hurt anyone's feelings.
Your first experience with snow. Note that it is actually just a small patch of snow in an otherwise grassy area, and the temperature was quite warm.
Taking a bath in Great Aunt Shelly's sink in her newly remodeled kitchen. Please forgive mom's cheesy grin- she was totally out of it by that point.
Finally, re-uniting with Dad after the long and interesting (to say the least) journey.
More to follow regarding your eating habits, language, and circular obsession. I thought this was enough for one post.
Love,
Mom
2 comments:
Oh my gosh, she is so adorable. You are so beautiful too Jessica. My favorite picture is of Luthien and Ember. I LOVE that face - I've seen it on my kids before and I can't help but laugh (and comfort them of course).
What wonderful pictures Jessica! I love reading your letters to Luthian. I really want to see her in person. She is so precious and droolingly beautiful. (me drooling, not Luthian)
Anyway, kiss her for me and give her daddy a big hug. Someday I will make it down there. I DO hope you're thinkng about having that farm up here in fertile Oregon. It's really perfect.
Love,
Aunt Peg
Post a Comment