2.15.2011

New Years 2010...Almost caught up

Luthien,
New Years was anticipated [almost] as equally as Christmas, because we were expecting a visit from Nana and Grandad. Being so far from them has been the hardest part of this move for you, since we used to live so close and see so much of them. Just today you said about 4 times, "I need my Nana" and about 2 times "I miss my Grandad" (sorry Grandad!)...

Your Uncle Kade and Aunt Carlie also surprised us with a visit at this same time! We had fun walking along the beach, making snow angels and snowmen, exploring downtown New Bedford, and traveling to New York to bring in the new year with your cousins and other aunts and uncles.

Here, another picture with Daddy:


Aunt "Car Car":


Keeping warm and therefore, happy!


More of the family:


Relaxing on New Years in Brooklyn:


Shifting gears a bit, as I've mentioned before you have been showing signs of having quite the artistic eye. We found these alphabet stickers somewhere, and here is what you decided to do with them. I have never been the creative/think outside-the-box type of person so I think this is fabulous:


Recovering from the holidays and family visiting was a VERY difficult month for us (yes, a month, and the reason it took me so long to write to you!) You missed everyone and all the attention terribly, you stopped sleeping, and you were acting totally different. I realize now that most of your behaviors/acting out was due to the lack of sleep, but at the time it was hard to figure out just how little sleep you were getting (because we were so exhausted)! We finally had to do another round of sleep "training" with you, and although there were quite a few VERY difficult nights, we are now enjoying our usual happy girl, as well as you falling to sleep on your own, napping, and sleeping through the night again!

Dad caught a picture of you and I during this time, passed out (literally) on the couch together. This never happens because you have too much energy! I love that you are doing this sucking thing with your mouth that you have done since you were a baby- you never took a pacifier so you basically suck without one. I hear you doing this from our room in the early mornings- it usually means you will wake up within the next hour :)


Sweet dreams my little girl,
Mama

1 comment:

Ember said...

Don't you love it when you can hold them while they sleep...especially as they get older. They seem like little babies again! So sweet and angelic. Hope you're doing well and that we'll see you guys this summer!