4.24.2010

No way

Hi Luthien,
For some reason I have felt as though there has not been much to share with you lately, and that is totally wrong- or as your favorite new expression goes, "No way!" I know that if I were to take the time to document more often I would remember better the many interesting and beautiful things that happen each day. We have just continued to be very overwhelmed with "the switch." At this point dad is (sort of) begging me to go back to work so he can be home with you again and not have to deal with the stress of working and being in school. But we both know deep down that this is the best set-up, and I really have been having a lot of fun with you lately. The only problem is that I feel as though I haven't been the best mommy I can be because of how much your new baby sister/brother is taking a toll on my body. You never did this to me, my sweet baby girl, so you have the one-up there :) Baby is so low that it is difficult for me to walk. I push through the pain usually, but sometimes I just can't, which means we don't get to do as many fun things together.

Well, enough about me, and on to you. I tried to figure out where in the world you acquired the phrase "no way," when finally one day Aunt Stefa caught me saying it. I still claim that you started saying it first, but I suppose there is a chance you got it from me. We finally got you a little play house and car from a second hand store, and you have mastered your prepositions, just as I had hoped. This only means I have to think of a new skill to work on with you! You still have to be prompted to use phrases that consist of two words or more, so that is the main thing we have been working on. But not too hard... I promise :) We've kept busy with play dates/activities every day. I learned very quickly that this is a must for our sanity. I just hope we can keep it up when the baby comes!

Okay, Luthien, I will have more to report soon, and hopefully before baby comes. I just had to get these things off my mind.

I love you so much!
Mom

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I just spent the last hour reading old posts on your blog and looking at pictures. Adorable. I really loved catching up with your little family, and hope things are going well with your new addition. Having two is really so much fun.