5.17.2009

Owies and Baby Legs

Dear Luthien,
Well, it was a fun (and full) weekend.  I came home Friday to discover you had developed quite a gash on your nose.  It was your second big fall, this time into the edge of the cabinet- one of your favorite places to play.  I told dad to get a close-up shot so you can see, but I think he wanted to destroy as much evidence as possible (he was very sad when it happened).  In addition to the cut your eye has been black and blue too :( You can get an idea of the owie from this picture:

Now, you are probably distracted by what you are wearing (or not wearing) in the picture! We found some UV "Baby Legs" that keep off the sun/heat and look very stylish with your new diapers.  Yes, this weekend we finally started using cloth diapers.  I've been wanting to for a while, and we finally went to a class this weekend that helped us make the transition!  Pictures of the full ensemble are coming- at first you could not get over the color and all the snaps, you just kept looking and laughing... Below is one more picture with baby legs, pre-diaper since I just can't get enough:

After our diaper class on Saturday we went to your second cousin Liam's 1st birthday party. First you wanted to give your cousins lots of kisses.  This is a new favorite of yours, since you have learned what kisses are.  Unfortunately my camera ran out of batteries at the best part, but here you can see you are about to lay one on Jack:

We then went swimming, and it was the first time we put you completely under the water.  You love the water so much that you did not mind one bit!  You came up with a sort of confused look on your face the very first time, but no crying.  We are pretty sure you'll be a swimmer like dad.  

After a long day we did our usual night time routine, including my favorite part, reading together.  I have read to you every night since you were about 1 month old, so I never really get to see your face from the front.  Dad took a picture of us, and I have to say it is so sweet to see how attentive and interested in the book you are.  I think we were reading "Global Babies"- one of your favorites, and mine too right now.  I am happy to report that this was your best night ever for sleeping (and good naps the next day!). Down by 8, woke up once at 5:30 to nurse, then back to sleep until 8 (well, almost).   We are hoping for the same success tonight, however, we may have to go swimming more often to tire you out! 


Good night Luthien.  I could write all night but I'm already getting to bed too late, as usual!

Love, Mom

P.S. You can now point to your toes and you were able to sign "all done" today at lunch.  Okay, I promise I'm stopping now....

5 comments:

Peggy said...

Darling, darling, darling, is all I can say. Yikes that kids is cute. Love the leggings, the picture with cousins and especially reading books with mom photo.

Lyndsay said...

This post is so sweet!! I laughed out loud at the baby legs/booty shots. SO CUTE. I miss the days of snuggle reading time. It's more like crazy pandemonium until everyone passes out time, now. Come over so Finn and Luthien can exchange kisses (teehee).

hosiewosie said...

Cloth diapers? YAY!!! I'm interested to know what kind you bought! We gotta get together soon! Andrea

Chelsea said...

So how are the cloth diapers going? I gave that a try, but not a good faith effort. I think it's great.

And the sleeping? How great that she went 12 hours. Was it a fluke? :)

So cute about the baby legs. Henry's legs were always too fat for those. Very sad.

Emily Ruth said...

As always, adorable pics can be expected here! Congrats on making the jump to cloth: ) I hope it is going well.