8.15.2011

Alive

Well we're still alive and well my Luthien, just caught up in summer. I love that summer is something that can be enjoyed, looked forward to, and full of outdoor activity rather than dreaded! We have been busy here, going to the beach multiple times per week, enjoying the summer's bounty of fresh local produce that our dear Daddy is harvesting, visiting New England farms and museums, and berry picking. We're pretty sure you love Massachusetts as much as we do. Things have gotten a little stressful as we are preparing for year 2 of law school for Dad, I am preparing to do some more formal education at home with you, and you have been helping me (sometimes not with much enthusiasm) preserve all the wonderful produce we are blessed with! On top of all this it feels as though we have been house-sitting all summer. There are definitely some perks to this, and the current home we are staying at you never want to leave, but mommy and daddy are definitely ready to be done, and can't wait to feel a little more organized in the confines of our own home.

I have to say that of all your stages, this age of 3 is the most difficult by far. We are having a hard time knowing how best to provide you with the loving discipline you need in order to understand boundaries, right from wrong, etc. Sleeping has been very hard lately too. I really hope getting back to our home will help this as well. Your memory and ability to re-tell stories amazes me, as well as your love for insects and creatures of all kind. Your ability to learn the alphabet (visual recognition of the letters) and sounds is slow going- there are about 5 letters you can recognize independently and sounds are prompted, but we will be working on this, hopefully in a fun and creative way soon!

We love you,
Mama

1 comment:

desertortoise said...

I love hearing about your kids. Glad you guys had such a fun filled summer! I hope I get to meet them soon, they are growing up so fast and beautifully. Way to go Jessica!