4.30.2011

Arizona

My little Lu-Lee,
I will explain these pictures very soon, so sorry to have been neglecting your journal. I love you, and if you remember I wrote A LOT to you in your first year of life, just like I have been with your baby Bastian's blog/journal.

05/28/11- Here I am to update, and it will be a quick one because I want to start telling you about more recent happenings, but let me just explain these pictures from our AZ trip....

We took you to the New England Aquarium in Boston and spent the day there with Daddy before we left for Phoenix. You went crazy for the seals outside (which you are standing in front of), and as usual loved the animal statues as much as the actual animals. Your favorite part was watching the divers feed the sharks, and you couldn't stop talking about the stingray's"scary eyes" and the eels.



I knew I had to have my camera ready for your reactions when you and Amelie first reunited. It definitely was sweet.


We never had the chance to go to the Scottsdale Music Museum before, so one day we went with Nana, Stefa, Amelie, and Atreyu...


We were delighted to find your display, from France:


With Bastian, about to crush you at one of our parties at Nana/Grandad's house:


You don't really look like yourself here, but I think you look so chubby-faced and adorable! I think the tank top dress also makes your arms look thicker, I love it!


I noticed when the cousins gathered that you became very observant, less participatory and interactive. I was worried at first, but Dad helped me realize the whole thing was probably pretty overwhelming. Here you are watching Amelie while doing your "crazies." I don't think I have explained this here yet, but will have to save it for another time...


We ventured down to Tucson to visit Grandpa Ed/Grandma Sue, Grammy, and your Great Aunt Dee Dee. You loved being able to walk everywhere since at that time it was so cold in Mass. Here you were telling me about the tall mountains :)


And riding together...


We had a delicious crab dinner one evening which you gobbled up- you loved holding the legs and of course dipping in lots of butter (your favorite)


At the zoo with Ellie... you two were very affectionate with eachother!


And back up in Phoenix...we went hiking up the little mountain/hill behind Grandad's house and I was surprised that you climbed the whole thing by yourself, and went back down too!


And of course there were lots of playdates to be had...here you are with Hannah:


And Beckam:


And finally, sweet goodbyes with Ami (who decided to wear my boots):




It was a great trip but we were glad to come home.

*I just was interrupted while writing this to your crying...I found you out in the hall (which never happens) and asked what you were doing there. Apparently there are lobsters in your bed. When I checked, I did discover that your water cup that you were clinging to when falling asleep had spilled all over the sheets. Love that imagination. And love you-

Mama

No comments: