So, the very first weekend at church I met Kim while nursing Bastian. She was also nursing baby Lucy, who is almost exactly the same age as him! Well, it turned out Kim also has another daughter, Dorothy, who is 18 months old! Dorothy's nickname is Dot, and you two play pretty well together! I say "pretty" well because I think from here on out any time we get together with other kids (especially girls it seems), the playdate usually ends in some sort of meltdown...but I think that's to be expected...?
You love going to Dot's house because she has a gecko, a goat, and chickens!! The first week we went over you were able to drink the raw goat's milk, and you actually really liked it. She also gave us fresh eggs and you picked a pumpkin from her garden! Kim and Mom agree on a lot of things related to food and we really have a great time getting together, so I hope it continues! So far we've been getting together almost every week.
Here you are looking at the gecko with Dot; Bastian and Lucy are playing in the background:
We found a local farm to get raw milk from in Dartmouth! It is only about 15 minutes away, as opposed to the 45 minute drive we had to make to find it in the Phoenix area. You love going to the farm because you get to see the cows, goats, chickens, dogs, and cat. Here are a few pictures from one of our first trips there:


And here are a few more pictures of you around our apartment. We had to sell much of our favorite furniture before we left AZ but we've found a few really great replacement pieces at second hand stores for cheap! Check out the vintage record player we use for storage and as a t.v. stand...
And here you are walking down the halls of our building with Roofus, one of your favorite things to do. We love the original hardwood floors in our apartment! The building was a mill in the 1800's and they've restored it beautifully. Those are some of the good things I have to say about it. On the downside, they are loft-style, which isn't very kid-friendly.
Can't get enough of the green around here...
More unique areas around the apartments:
Like I mentioned, the first couple of weeks were very hard on Mom. You were constantly asking about people/places in Arizona and I felt very helpless. I also was nervous exploring a new area with 2 little ones so I felt pretty trapped. After the second week we started dropping Dad off at school and then venturing out, first by going to our library's story time which is great. Then we found out you can check out free passes for the local zoos, museums, etc. The zoo just so happens to be about 5 minutes from our house! It was named one of the best "small zoos" in America, and I can see why. It feels very quaint and you can get very close to the animals. You have such a great time there, we've going once or twice each week!
For some reason you really like a lot of the animal statues, I think because you can actually touch those :)
And here you are admiring the real bears! Your favorite things to see, however, are the seals and the otter since you are sooo into aquatic animals right now (and have been for the past couple months). You can't wait until they open back up the aquatic area.
That's all for now! More coming...
Love,
Mom
1 comment:
i am trying really hard not to be jealous.. but the hardwood floors are not making it easy :) so beautiful! and hooray for finding a friend who understands your thoughts on food. (also, the nickname dot is too cute.)
Post a Comment