My precious Luthien,
Oh, how you are growing up! Dad did some much-needed winter clothes shopping and had a little photo shoot with you last week and surprised me at work with this picture. The first thing I thought (after I stressed out wondering how much everything cost) was how old you look! I can't believe my little baby is getting so big! I am so grateful for you and the many wonderful ways you have changed and enriched my life. You and I had an excellent day together yesterday. All this week, rather than walking up to me and hitting me you've been coming up and giving me gentle caresses on my face. A mentor I had in graduate school once told me I was "a quick study"- I think about that from time to time and usually disagree with the observation. Well, I'm trying to be more positive lately, so maybe I am, because most definitely you are!
I am also grateful for a husband who is one of the best stay at home mom's I've ever known (not that I've known many), and who has excellent taste. There are not many women who can trust their husbands to go clothes shopping for the family, and in our case, I prefer that he does it all. The only downside to that is that there are not many moms who have to discuss haircuts, clothing choices, etc. with their husbands, but that's another story.... :)
I love you!
Mom
1 comment:
Dear Luthien,
We haven't formally met, however I adore your parents.
And I admire the lady you are turning out to be.
sincerely,
Jenny "sister hansen"
Post a Comment