9.03.2009

Haircut

Dear Luthien,

This past weekend you got your first haircut. Not a big change considering there's not a lot of hair to work with, but those bangs and that mullet needed some serious trimming. Dad fought me on this one- he thinks messy hair on girls = cute/beautiful. While I don't require perfection (as noted by the absence of bows, flowers, headbands, and barrettes in your hair), I felt a little polishing of your look was warranted. Our friend Lisa did the job for both of us that evening. The best part is we go to her house for our cuts, so we left that night not only looking prettier, but with full bellies and having had excellent conversation and many laughs.

Other than not wanting to wear the "cape," you were totally calm throughout the experience. It was almost as if you were mesmerized by it, because you're typically not that calm :) I'm sure the comfortable setting and the fact that you got to sit on my lap and eat your cracker the entire time helped!








Somehow I can't even style the little hair that you have as good as it looked that night (hair is definitely NOT one of my talents), but it still looks much better than before. Lisa cut the back into an angled little bob, and did a cute little side-swept bang in the front. Even Dad loved it...
Thank you for being such a good girl for your haircut, and thank you Angela for the fantastic pictures!
Love,
Mom








2 comments:

Chelsea said...

So cute! Jessica, I have to say that I am a fan of trimming/shaping babies' hair. Sorry Rome. But they seriously look so much cuter with proper hair maintenance! Sadly, I have not had occasion with my bald boys to put this into practice, but I swear if I had a girl with hair I'd do it! Way to go!

Marisa said...

I love these cute barber-shopesque photos. And Luthien is quite possibly the MOST beautiful baby ever. Her face is exquisite! She would look good even with a mullet.